I pulled out some more of that fiberglass mess exposing more damage.
Under the hood, there are these little pins under the rubber seal that’s held in by these clips (bagged).
I don’t suppose I’ll be needing those front knee catcher pipes.
I’m guessing with the amount of Bondo under here, along with other obvious signs, a new front clip may be in order.
This is a much better arrangement. Now to get the rust off and get her in epoxy before it’s too late.
On our way to her new home.
I was playing with a 60 grit flap disc to see how well it works. First thing I find is more holes that are filled with Bondo. The metal is really thin here and will require some patch pieces cut for sure. I really can’t wait to start hitting this car panel by panel and welding this stuff up.
Looks like this will require some fixin’.
Pulled the last of the glass.
The jams look pretty good.
Removing the four 10mm bolts from the front glass. Be careful. There’s a tech article on here somewhere where I believe it states more than a half turn pass snug on those top bolts equals BOOM!