New Wheels Coming

It would seem this place should be the 370Z Project, as lately I’ve done more to the Z than the Ghia. The streak continues. I got a set of wheels and tires on the way.

I’m getting the 19’s, 8.5″ +21 up front and 9.5″ +10 in the rear. They are being delivered wrapped in Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 rubber, 245/40 and 275/35. Installed, they should look something like this.

Blue Mamba Pics

I’m sharing a couple pictures of the Blue Mamba V10 powered Ghia because I really dig this ride. … love the taillights and rounded fins.

1961 Ghia Cabriolet Spotted

Today at the AIB Network during a taping of Talk It Out with Ralph Basui Watkins…

… one of our guests drove up in a 1961 Cabriolet. He and I talked shop for a bit before show time.

Fairlady Z Badges

I got bored and decided to pull the 370Z badge from the Nissan.

Badges? We don’t need to stinking badges.

To pay homage to the Z’s lineage, I decided to install the JDM Fairlady badges.

My 370Z Stereo System

Again, this is from my 370Z and not the Ghia, but I thought it might be interesting to some. Become is an portion of a thread I created at chronicling my stereo install. Enjoy!Got me some fiberglass, 400 grit and stainless steel rod today. 😉Woot!Welding up a new spare tire hold down bracket.Should buy me a bit more room for the sub.Hub centric with a lug lock pin. Baking on the coating.Time to work on the enclosure a bit.Trim ring.Hub spacer for tie down.I had a bit of noise dampening material left from the Camaro. I’ll get more if I need it.The inside ring was just a hair less than a quarter inch too tall to give me the inch and a half between it and the top of the foam. After a little router action, we have perfection.Looks like it fits.I think I’m ready for fiberglass.A little reshaping prior to glassing.It looks like a rainbow puked in my spare. Being wax based clay, it should be a nice mold release.More importantly, my wife didn’t freak out when she walked into the kitchen and saw a tire on her table. :tup:Some lovely mold release wax.Cloth and mat all cut, ready to get the resin.It is time. Here goes nothing!Got the cloth layers done. Time to build up the mat.I’ll have a bunch of clean up work to do once it hardens.Wired up my quick disconnect.…and now I wait.Clean up time.That’s all for today.Work continues.This thing fits in here so tightly, I need to think of some removal device. Done for now.Back in business.Pull tabs installed.Speaker in. Upholstery timeEnclosure is done! Woo hoo! Perhaps tomorrow I can get the headunit in.Where oh where to mount this noisy cricket…This would almost be too crazy.Yeah, what the hell. I’ll try this.That has to be the easiest door panel I’ve ever pulled off in my life.Might make a difference.Time to make the donuts… I mean door speaker adapters.I’m going to try a notched approach.I have some Kilz. Perhaps that can prolong water absorption.Wire management.Looks like everything is powering up. I’m digging the Kenwood.Looks like a car again.Doors are done.Done for today. All that’s left is to hook up everything in the hatch and start tweaking.Seems to be a decent color match.We have sound!Now the months of tweaking can commence, but that’s the relaxing part.The amp has its home. I even found a convenient spot for the bass level knob, which I don’t really want anyway.I used a hole saw to cut a couple holes in the foam to pass the wires though. I glued in some copper pipes to trim it out, make it look better than just holes.I started making my grill and cover board.

After all these months, I finally got around to the upholstery on the cover panel.

Now I just have to fab the stainless steel grill.Working on the grill a bit.

Got all the stainless cut.

…and the grill.

I wonder if I could cook steaks on it. :yum:Less branding makes me happy. I think I’m going to put the Z logo in the center.