I first braced the doors with some 2X4’s and metal strips, not pretty but it works and was cheap. Luckily there is no pressure on them after raising the body and the heater channels look to be free of rust.
I used 4×4’s, some I had laying around from a deck/fence project that took priority over working on the car earlier in the month. I used 8′ lengths for the lower sections and 6’5″ for the width to allow wider tires when I eventually get to that point. The vertical pieces are 2′ (the OP later said he would add 4 inches to those 2 foot sections) and allowed the pan to almost completely clear the body with the front suspension attached. I removed that and put it on dolly’s a bit lower that allowed full clearance.
This stuff is VW porn.